All summaries and reviews written by me. Films are random, although if you wish to request a film and see what I think of it, go ahead.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Whoa...

It's been so long. Just WOW. Anyway, a lot has happened in this time so I'll list it.

1) Sadly, I was not cast for Footloose (the first school show I am not in in 11 years...crazy shit right there).

2) I was in a movie!! Over the summer, I had the amazing opportunity to be in M. Night Shyamalan's new film, The Happening, out Friday Jun13 (ooo...) 2008.

3) I started 2 bands. Haha, I know, BANDS? But yeah. Just small side stuff to take up my time :P (myspace.com/rippedfromtheheadlines & myspace.com/killthedaymusic) [and I may start a 3rd. Haha, I know, I'm just terrible!]

4) Okay, not really "news" but a recommendation. I just saw the off-broadway show, Speech & Debate and I was BLOWN AWAY. Showcased at the Laura Pels Theatre, presented by the Roundabout Theatre Company's "Underground" Series, this little show about a big scandal based in a high school in Salem, Oregon is a delightful look at how high schoolers crack under pressure. Starring Gideon Glick (of Spring Awakening fame) as the troubled new kid Howie, Jason Fuchs as the aspiring nerdy journalist, Solomon, and my good friend Sarah Steele (from Spanglish) as the geeky wannabe-actress blogger, Diwata, who dreams of taking her musical version of The Crucible (told from the point of Mary Warren) to the stage. Each of these students have a huge secret of their own which all bursts out when the trio start the school's Speech & Debate team. Really funny, really talented cast. Great show. CLOSES FEB24!!

That's all I can think of right now. It's good to be back...

No comments: