All summaries and reviews written by me. Films are random, although if you wish to request a film and see what I think of it, go ahead.

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Superbowl Weekend

This weekend was mildly eventful. What the hell, it was awesome. Myself and a few others went to the Centre Theatre in Norristown to surprise our friends in their production of Cinderella. It was well done, for a small theatre. I really enjoyed it. Saturday was a slow, dreary day except for the fact that I realized I have a guarenteed job as a dishwasher at this cool new breakfast place called Pattymac's Cafe. And, luckily for me, it is walking distance from home and school. Other than that, Saturday was a slow, dull day. Saturday night, I went over to my dad's apartment and we watched Snakes On A Plane (see review at bottom). On Sunday, or as most Americans would call "today" or even "SUPERBOWL SUNDAY," I woke up at 10:30 seeing as I couldn't sleep the night before and didn't sleep untill 3:00...anyway, I lay in bed for about 2 hours then I finally got up to go visit my grandmother at the home where she is living for assistance. Her memory is literally less than 15 seconds. It's kind of heartbreaking, actually. So after repeatedly telling her my age and height, we said goodbye until Valentine's Day. My dad and I then went to ACME to get some snacks for the game and some cereal for the next day. That was my weekend. This coming week feels like it'll be a slow one. UGHH!!

~~REVIEW~~
Snakes On A Plane
***1/2

The writing was good, comical at where it needed to be. The direction was bright and amazing. The premise, over all, very dull and pointless. But the action was intense and the thrills were everywhere. My favorite thing about this movie is its soundtrack. The remixed songs on Snakes On A Plane: The Album are amazing. Mixed reviews by critics gave this film and A, but I think that is just because Samuel L. Jackson was in it. Very intense, very horrifying, very entertaining.

2 comments:

Angie said...

are you kidding? this week is gonna be the start of intense sweeney practices which last until 6pm! I'm not comming on thursday and friday cause of cindy. hey- i didn't do an ad or patron or a thing in the playbill. am i screwed?

Maeve said...

How dare you make me comment as Maeve & Jeff! :-P

Snakes on a Plane...I still haven't seen that. And I can't find that audio parody trailer that I wanted you to listen to. Blah. And then there will be Snakes. On da Plane! And...um...that will happen...and I will rule the world!!!